Doug Miller

In article .com, "Connor Aston" wrote:
My local hardwood supplier talks in cubic feet of cubic metres
are there any tools/software or does someone have the caluclations

Example: 40 stair treads 48 1/4" X 12" X 1" And hanging strip 48 1/4 x
3" x 1". (L shape tread) .

Ancient Chinese proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach
him how to fish, and you feed him for the rest of his life.

So here's your fishing lesson.

Volume = length x width x thickness

One cubic foot = 12" x 12" x 12" = (you work it out) cubic inches.

One foot = 0.3045 meters thus one cubic foot = 0.3045 x 0.3045 x 0.3045 cubic
meters.

So how many cubic feet/metres of wood do I need?

The calculation is left to the student as an exercise.

--
Regards,