The Natural Philosopher

Default How soon can I tile a new concrete floor?

Christian McArdle wrote:

Where would the insulation layer go, ontop, or under the DPM?

AIUI, on top of the DPM. Someone more knowledgable than me will suggest the
exact ordering and thicknesses. However, I suspect 50mm of Jablite would
make a real difference, and 30mm of screed might work on top to make the
original thickness.

Christian.

Actually it makes sod all difference where the DPM goes. Above or below
the insulation. I asked teh architecet, and he just shrugged.

I put mine ABOVE for the imple practical reason that it wouldnt get
puntured on teh rather rough surface underneath - the insulation is very
good as covering sharp lumps

50mm blue/pink foam is excellent. 75mm is even better. At LEAST 75mm
screed, and more if you can fit it in.