I installed hardwood floor in my bathroom. It's an Oak floating floor.
The bathroom has a fiberglass tub/shower combination. Where the
hardwood hits the tub, there is a small 1/4" gap, and I want to seal it
to keep water from getting under the floor when a person exits the tub.
I was thinking of a generous amount of silicon caulk in the gap,
completely filling it, and then covered with Cove molding attched to
the tub with adhesive.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks

Most, if not all of the manufacturer's I've seen have their own caulks
for sealing the edges/borders in wet and water prone environments.
Check out Pergo.com for details (for example).