Nick Atty

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:11:41 +0100, Pete C wrote:

Anyone on here had problems with plastic pipe or fittings splitting
when frozen?

We've got a mix of domestic style plastic pipe and hose type (just that
- potable quality flexible hose joined with 15mm pipe and jubilee clips)
on our narrow boat. When we leave it for the winter we just open the
taps after we've turned the water off.

The only problems we've had, even in very cold weather, has been that
the plastic pipe has pushed out of one of the compression joints once or
twice.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)