Pete

Default Milling machine table repair

I have an opportunity to purchase a milling machine that is within my budget
and will possibly with a little sweat equity be a decent machine for my "out
of control" hobby shop.The machine has Meehanite castings, DRO and X axis
power feed as well as a one shot lub system

How would one go about repairing a three inch diameter cutter mark that is
in the center of a 9X42 offshore mill table that is .050 deep.

This machine also has .30 backlash on the X axis. Any tricks to repair or
improve this?

Are there any sites that have any details on hand scraping some of the
original hand scraping marks are worn off so it likely has some wear?

I have not purchased this machine yet , but might consider it if these
flaws can be corrected.

Thanks
Pete