Ok. take two gears the bronze bushing (it should have a square key)
and a nut that fits the threaded end of the bushing.

Assemble these so that the gear you want on the inside faces the
flanged side of the bushing. You don't need to tighten the nut too
much. It just keeps the gears together.

Then, oil the long part of the steel tube and slide it into the
flanged end of the bushing.

Put the tee bolt through the banjo from the headstock side.

Slide the gear assemble over the tee bolt so that all the flanges face
the headstock, and nestle the projection on the steel tube into the
slot.

Then put the washer and nut on the end of the teebolt that sticks out,
adjust your gears for backlash and tighten them down

Paul K. Dickman

On 12 Aug 2005 17:00:38 -0700, "CAMCOMPCO"
wrote:

Hi Gang, new to group (first posting);

I have a question, I just tried changing the gears on my Logan 200 (no
QC), got sidetracked, came back to it 2 days later and can't figure out
the right way to put it all back together. I have the manual, not very
helpful in this area....

The is a Bolt (with a thick end, kind of like a t-nut on my mill),steel
sleeve with a flat wide bottom (hollow all of the way through), a brass
bushing, a washer, 2 gears and a nut. When I get it all back together,
the gear seems to loose.

The part numbers are La 232,249,312,313,314,325,026,0539.

Can someone talk me through this re-assembly process...I feel like a
dope, but no mater the order I try, the gears feel to wobbley (sp).

Thanks all

John
Chicago subburbs (far west)