dgadams

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:23:37 -0700, Dooler wrote:

I am wanting to build a workbench, but am unsure how to handle the
slope/unevenness in my garage. Do I make one leg longer than another?
Doing this would make it unlevel if I ever move. The legs/body is
going to be from hard maple and design is based off the how-to bench
from DIY network's show woodworking.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance
- Clayton

I have a slope in the floor of my garage. I placed the
table perpendicular to the the slope, and used shims to
get everything level. Given the table is a couple of
hundred pounds, everything is solid and level. If you
have serious unevenness, this solution may not work.
I did consider building a raised floor for the shop tools
that I would make level. Did that once with the back
porch when we converted it to a sun room. Compound slopes
in two directions. It was tough to level out.

DGA