Mike Henry

I've got an Emesco drill that needs a belt too. It looks like the Emesco
takes a 0.078" (5/64"?) belt and McMaster-Carr doesn't seem to sell them.

My dentist suggested a dental supply outfit but I've forgotten the name.
Google turns up this link:

https://www.pattersondental.com/app.... engine+belts

for belts but there isn't enough info to tell what the belts fit. The
lengths seem about right, though.

Another name for what we both are calling a dental drill seems to be
laboratory engine and this place still sells them, new apparently. They
might be able to supply a belt in the right size.

http://www.buffalodental.com/pdfs/equip_brochure.pdf

Further searching reveals that Buffalo does sell belts:

http://www.buffalodental.com/pdfs/BD...16%2023-30.pdf

I also turned up a Mil spec for dental engine belts he

http://assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksear...t_number=50486

in case you want to generate an RFG g. They do specify around 0.1"
diameter which is pretty close to the Emesco belt.

Finally a rant - has anyone else noticed that it's hard to run a Google
search for almost any item with turning up dozens of sites that feature Ebay
listings, almost all of which are long since closed?

Mike

"davefr" wrote in message
I need a replacement drive belt for an old belt driven dental drill.
It's the type with a drive motor and lots of pulleys and arms going to
the actual drill. (Foredom Model #9).

Factory parts are no longer avail. Any suggestions? I'm guessing
it's a continuous loop about 1/8" diam and about 5' long