Jonathan Joseph

Actually,

What I am trying to determine is if the exterminator is trying to gouge me?

I'm wondering what is a reasonable cost for the treatment I described.
He was done in less than an hour.

Thanks.

-Jonathan

wrote:

Probably too much. Shotgun approach is expensive, and often
contaminates dog, cats, kids.

DAGS on this. Many have studied carpenter ants. I was fortunate to
tap some results a few years ago.

Over-simplified: they make their nests in moistened/rotting wood,
typically outdoors, and forage in your house for whatever dietary
delight excites them at the moment. If you track them back to their
nest entry, and apply appropriate substance(s) there, they will become
dead. Removing/repairing damaged woodwork helps, too.

Mine are now gone. It took a couple $ worth of moderate nasties, and
an hour or two of effort tracking them. Before that, I could hear them
marching.

It's your $,