Doug Kanter

"David" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

There's been a friendly debate going on in alt.guitar.bass about what
sort of treatment is best for guitar fingerboards, many of which are
rosewood. I've heard lemon oil (which I know is just "flavored" mineral
oil) can actually cause drying out (which I don't understand), and a host
of other theories. I'm interested in opinions from this crowd. The goal
is to apply something that'll remove normal hand dirt, and then leave the
fingerboard somewhat moisturized, but not VERY oily.

what about Fingerboard Oil? There are a number of mentions online.

Dave

Probably, but I'd find it hard to believe that there isn't a more commonly
available product used by woodworkers who make furniture or little wooden
jewelry boxes. By "commonly available", I mean something in the category of
tung oil or other things you can find at Home Depot, or a woodworking
specialty store. (I like to avoid ordering things online when the shipping
cost exceeds the value of the product involved).