meirman

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:34:20 GMT "JOHN D"
posted:

My A/C A-coil drip pan is leaking leaking water. It's in the attic. Not a
good place for a water leak. I know there's a bunch of rust scale in the pan
cus I just cleaned everything else and inspected the A-coil to check it. I
didn't clean the pan cus it's so hard to get into. Maybe I'll get lucky and
it's just a plugged drain but I don't think so. It might be impossible to
get at the leak but if I can get at it, what do you HVAC guys use to patch
up a rusted leaking drip pan?
John

I'm not an HVAC guy, and I'm sure there are better ways, but in
general it's goodto know that PC-70 can be put on a wet material and
still stick. I was only a temporary roommate of a tenant whom I
didn't know in advance, but I once fixed a sink drain with a hole and
a faucet that wouldn't stop dripping, with PC-70, while water was
coming out of the hole. I had to keep pushing the stuff back in place
but eventually it hardened and stayed there, and didn't leak.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.