Christian McArdle

Strange that the many major cylinder and boiler manufacturers recommend
them. I think W-B recommend them too. Gledhill, a quality company, do.

No doubt they do, for commercial reasons. I have no trouble with the
charlatans selling snake oil. Good luck to them.

It would increase both safety and efficiency, as it help reduce the

boiler
return water temperature. It would help a shower mixer remain at a stable
temperature and flow. The main disadvantage is that it isn't so good for
washing dishes.

If you have a dish washer that is really not an issue.

Indeed, if you don't mind boiling an occasional kettle when handwashing
pans.

Christian.