Jerry Martes

"Brad H" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to replace the selenium rectifier stack in an old battery
charger to bring it back to life. The battery charger is rated at
7.5V-80Amps dc and 14.5V 50Amps DC. It is set up with multiple primary
windings selected by a switch. I verified that the transformer is
good.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement rectifier
diode set that will handle this current? Will I have to use separate
diodes and build it to get 80Amp capability?
The amp meter is also shot, and I might entertain replacing that if its
cost effective. Any ideas on a small 2" x 2" panel mount 80A dc meter?

Brad

Do you have access to broken alternators. Their diodes can be used if
cost is a consideration.
The amp meter from an old truck might be affordable too.

Jerry