Randy Replogle

On 13 Jul 2005 16:07:37 -0700, "Scott"
wrote:

I have been asked to repair a couple of brass cymbals from a drum
set. They have cracks that run parallel to the diameter. Can they be
brazed with o/a? Is there any secrets to share? Heat treated, warping
or whatever? Thanks Scott

Here's what I learned in music school. Drill a small hole at the
inside end of the crack to keep it from "running". Then cut a small V
shaped notch with the big end at the rim of the cymbal and the point
ending in the hole you drilled. This keeps the "sides" of the crack
from rubbing together and distorting the sound.
Randy