Harry K

twfsa wrote:
Over time the shingles on the roof fade, so the ones you store won't match
anyway!

Tom
"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ron Hardin wrote:
3 bundles of 22 extra shingles the roofer left me say

Do Not Double Stack

1. This must mean the pallet, not the bundle itself?

2. Are the good and bad places to store the shingles in case
they're ever needed? eg. basement, garage floor, over garage
ceiling if I can hump them up a ladder thru a trapdoor?

--
Ron Hardin

I 'think' that it says on the bundles how many bundles high, not sure
now.

Just did a roofing job this spring. Used some leftovers from a job 20
years ago. I had them stored flat on a concrete floor in a shed built
into a hill. I am sure there was a moisture problem as they were right
back against the hill foundation. No problem, no sign of
deterioration. From that I would say store flat and someplace cool. I
wouldn't put them in an attic or ceiling due to the heat problem. They
could seal to themselves. Two bundles of my new shingles had done just
that.

Harry K

twfsa wrote:
Over time the shingles on the roof fade, so the ones you store won't match
anyway!

True but they are still useable. I used basically white shingles with
my 'dual brown' new ones. Looks great! How? Because I used the old
white ones for the starter strips. Saved buying a square of the new
ones. Common practice up here. There are always a few bundles left
over from roofing jobs. Also used for sheds, for weed control (haven't
done that myself), etc. No point in throwing away useable material.

Harry K