John Rumm

jon wrote:

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

I used a Horstman one on my Isar HE35:

Works very well. It has up to six different timed zones in a 24 hour
period, so you can have night time, early morning, morning, afternoon,
early and late evening each at different temperatures if you want. It is
also easy to override an tweek the temp up or down with the push of a
button.

Stick it in a room with a rad that has two lockshields fitted (i.e. no
TRV). The hall is a common choice - but front room may be good also.
Make sure there are no other frequently used heat sources in the same
room, or else you may find you one nice warm room and a cold house.

No need to worry about hot water, that is allways ready to go on demand.

--
Cheers,

John.