BigWallop

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Does anyone have links, details, pictures or drawings showing methods for
attaching joists to steel beams please?

I am hoping to take out a wall which simply supports overlapping ceiling
joists in a single storey extension.
But, I don't want to install a beam below the ceiling and would rather it
fitted within the depth of the joists (projecting above into the loft

space
depending on the beam depth).

So, how do I connect joist ends to the support beam?

TIA

Phil

Simple metal hook shaped things that screw to the timber joists, after being
placed over the far edge of the beam. Or flat metal straps that straddle
the beam and screw to the ends of the joists on either side, if they line up
together that is. With two sets of joist ends coming from either side of
the web on an " I " (eye) Beam, the straps help hold the beam, and beam
helps hold the joists. It might need BCO and Structural Engineer Calcs'
before you get insurance cover though.