Thanks. That makes sense.

I will need to find out if they waited untill next day, or did not follow
guidelines to be sure liner is sitting on edge of bottom as water fills in.
I recall that initially you need to be in pool making sure liner is tucked
in as water level builds up and applies pressure.

"Croco Stimpy" wrote in message
Yes, what probably happened was the liner shrunk from being exposed to the
sun for too long while empty.
Then when you filled it, it ... did what you said.

I made that mistake once. Never drain it fully, try to never drain it at
all if possible.
Also saw it happen to my neighbor... Must be a common problem.

"j" wrote in message
Hi,

Neighbor's above ground pool collapsed inward while they filled it with
water.

Just curious if anyone has heard of the experience before. I did not
participate in the pool construction, but I did help with one, years

ago.

I recall gravel on exterior of circle, but I still can't figure out from
physics perspective how the pool would concave unless there was some
stress
bearing part of side-wall/top which was not secured. I do recall when
doing
the liner that there were instructions about how the edge of the bottom

of
the liner needed to be a certain way. I am thinking the liner edge on
bottom
of pool was mis-alinged and some how applied pressure to the side, above
the
bottom of the pool. A theory.

Any thoughts?

Just curious.