Don Phillipson

"js5895" wrote in message
oups.com...

What can I put around my brick and concrete foundation to
hold water, marble chips maybe, because my basement is very
damp. Also What distance away from the foundation should I
put mulch. I also bought this fabric with holes in it to
stop weeds should I use it on everything I put down.

The orthodox answer is that you do not want to hold
water (underground) around the foundation -- you want
to make it run downhill away from the house. This requires:
1. Appropriate (French) drains buried in gravel around
the foundation.
2. If the natural slope of the underground impermeable
strata does not lead water away from the house, you
have to dig a passage for it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs