mac davis

Default Wood bending for canes?

I've been researching on the web, but now I'm looking for anyone with practical
experience...

A friend asked if I could "redo" his favorite cane... natural type branch wood
with a wood sprite carved in.. My wife took it on, sanded and refinished, then
did a little wood burning on it..
It blew him away.. he said that in this area, it was really hard to find
anything but standard canes... the only "cool" stuff available was walking
sticks... and that he had several friends that were always looking for nice
canes in the $50 - $100+ range... (cha-ching)

Has anyone done any wood bending for cane handles?
The web is full of bending info for boats, kayaks, canoes, planes, etc... none
on canes..
Most canes for sale on the web (other than the standard institutional type) are
sticks with separate handles attached... he says that they are weak and awkward,
so we'd like to learn about bending green? wood for canes...

Any info appreciated, and idea, hints, tips, etc...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing