Dave Baker

Ian Stirling wrote in message
I find Safeway 4l vanilla ice cream tubs to be very handy, for everything
from mixing small quantities of plaster, to acting as mini stacking boxes.
They are polypropylene, and quite robust, being stackable many high
even with lots of stuff in.
However, I'm about through my supply, and apart from the fact that safeway
are now Morrisons and they no longer do the ice cream, eating my way

through
a few dozen 4l tubs of ice cream would not do wonders for my already
not-too-elfin figure.
Can anyone suggest a source?

Not sure what you consider cheap but the other week I spotted some clear
plastic food storage containers in Tescos which looked very handy for
storing small engine parts in. The 1 litre is 48p and the 3 litre 98p if I
remember rightly. I bought a box of 1000 sealable plastic bags for storage
of small cleaned parts many years ago but if you coat the parts in oil to
stop them rusting the oil dissolves the bags I subsequently discovered.
After a few months I ended up with oil soaked cardboard stock boxes full of
plastic bag remnants and a jumble of mixed and dirty parts in the bottom of
them which all needed cleaning and sorting again.

For the small number of oiled components I need to store I thought some of
these food containers wouldn't break the bank so I got a few of each. Then I
spotted that they were microwave safe too so I've ended up using most of
them for storing and heating food in. Ah well, next time I'm in Tescos I'll
just have to buy some more.

Oh, one of the 3 litre ones struck me as just the right size for a miniature
litter tray for the ferret's cage All I have to do now is train the
little sod to poop in it instead of next to it which appears to be her
preference.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)