Ted B.

.... How do you know that the area you are
moving into won't EVER have an HOA?

Uhh, because its not in my deed?

You don't seem to know how an HOA works. If they don't have a deeded
interest in my property before I buy it, they NEVER will.

Now, if people of any kind want to form a "neighborhood association"
or "block club" or "civic association" they can. But it would have no
more legal power over my property than the Elks or Masons. No
majority of neighbors can vote themselves that kind of legal interest
in my land.

They don't have to. They can just fine you for not following the rules. If
you don't pay the fines or ignore them, they go to court. THEN they have
legal interest in your land, and will SELL IT to pay the fines that you
chose to ignore. -Dave