Default Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location

My neighbour has had a cooker hood installed and the flue has been
sited at head height on the boundary wall between his house and mine.
The issue being that every time he cooks the fumes travel into my house
should I have my french doors or downstairs windows open.

Also he has had his gas boiler replaced - this was positioned with the
flue through the same boundary wall, I did not think this was allowed
and asked him to consult the installer - soon after the flue was
re-positiond, however, even though I think the flue now meets the regs
I get the smell of exhaust gases travelling into my house should I have
my french doors or downstairs windows open, there is also the constant
irritating whine of the fan.

Can anyone advise me if there are any regulations that cover the
positioning of extractor and gas boiler flues, the nuisence of smells
and the constant whine from the boiler fan.

Thanks

Kev