John Stumbles

Set Square wrote:

I need to install a 22mm tee to my new en-suite but I have no way of
draining the 22mm pipe completely. Anyone have any good ideas on how
to do this?

There are no compression joints to losen...

Thanks.

This is presumably a hot water feed from the airing cupboard to an
existing bathroom and/or kitchen, and you wish to tee into it?

Is there an isolating valve in the feed pipe from the cold header tank to
the bottom of the hot cylinder? If so, turn that off and then open all (up
and down) hot taps. That should pretty much drain the pipes, but may leave
a small amount at any low points.

I would suggest using a copper push-fit tee such as

I would suggest not but rather using a compression fitting, because if you
have to bend and strain at the pipes to get them apart enough to get them
into the fitting there's a real chance of buggering the O rings of a
push-fit. Also with compression if it's very tight to get the fitting in
then you can get away with cutting back the pipes a bit further than you
should and tightening it all up so the fitting is positioned with equal
amounts of each bit of pipe pushed into it. OTOH if the pipe you're teeing
into is neatly positioned in the middle of 3 run side by side then you're
stymied as you can't tighten the nuts on the compression fitting.