DL

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:lkbke.1448120$Xk.1222844@pd7tw3no...
DL wrote:

We would like to have several (3-4) chimes activated from a single
doorbell button. What would the best way to do this.

The searches I have done talk about a more powerful transformer, but no
specific wiring instructions.

Hi,
Just parallel wire the chimes with heavier tranny. With enough juice all
of them will chime when button is pushed.
Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the information,

As I stated to RBM, in relation to the transformer, what I see at the HD is
that most all run ate 16V and one has a tri-volt 8-16-24V. The two 16V
units come in 10W or 15W respectively. Not sure about the watts on the
tri-volt unit, as I could not find any information on the packaging. Do I
want more volts or watts? My assumption is that the units work on a given
voltage, and the watts will give me the additional power I need.

Again from my response to RBM, another thought I had was to use multiple
transformers and split the wire coming from the doorbell to two+ separate
transformers that will in turn go to their respective chimes.

Thanks,

David