Edwin Pawlowski

"stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Toller, you don't value your life much do you?

Discarded tanks may not pass a hydro test. Refrigerant recovery tanks
must get hydrostatically tested every 5 years to be legal. If those
discarded tanks won't pass the test they are not safe to use. You
might get away with it, but why take the chance? I am not talking
about the law either.

He said they were discarded, not past date for testing.

New tanks have OPD valves and some places will no longer fill them. Some
states have adopted the new regs, some have not. I still use my old tanks
and will as long as legal to do so. IIRC., propane tanks are 10 or 12
years.