pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:24:01 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I would say you are iffy age for replacement. I would likely replace it
myself in order to take the opportunity for a higher efficiency model. I
would not do it because of the cycle issue. I likely would use the
opportunity to work out a deal from my tech so it can be replaced at his
convenience and that might make it a little cheaper.

I would let the tech do a proper study of your home to determine the
correct size for the unit. This can only be done by measuring and computing
a number of factors. I know on my home when the time comes (likely
sometime in the next ten years) I will have the duct work re-done and maybe
add a two zone system.

From the information you provided there is no way anyone can answer your
size question unless they are just guessing.

Properly sized the local weather does not matter related to the useful
life.

Good, correct, and reasonable answers, all.

Click every day here to feed an animal that needs you today !!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/