Default Furnace cycling too often? Oversized perhaps?

How often should a gas furnace cycle on and off for those living in
colder climates (Canada)? I have noticed that during winter, when
maintaining the temperature of the house steady, my furnace tends to
turn on every 5-10 minutes, staying on for about 10 minutes each time.
I find this to be a little to frequent. I have the specs from the
previous owner, and the furnace is 13 years old, 72,000 BTU (82%
efficiency) in a 1200 sq foot 2 story home. I am thinking about
getting it replaced as it had 3 separate problems this year with
components breaking down (hot surface igniter, blower, flame sensor,
etc.) and am wondering if perhaps it is oversized (i.e the frequent
cycling) and I should get a smaller model?

How long do gas furnaces typically last anyways? I have read on the
Internet that gas furnaces can last 20-25 years, but I'm wondering if
perhaps that is reflective for warmer climates where furnaces aren't
used as much. Over here the furnace is probably on from early October
until mid-May.