Ima Googler

Default How do you keep your fence rows clear?

We are installing a chain link fence and I'm wondering whats the best
method to prevent weeds from growing along the fence row. I realize
we could use the weed trimmer each time we mow, but there has to be an
easier way.

Is there anything to keep the weeds down so that we can just use the
mower as close as we can get? I've done some research and some people
have suggested vinegar, boiling water and things like that.

How about the salt people use in the winter for icy patches? I know it
kills vegetation almost permanently. Could I put that down in a strip
under my fence?

Thanks!