Harry K

J Kelly wrote:
The wrought iron railing on my front steps and porch is getting

pretty
rusty and has some paint chipped off. What is the best way to

repaint
this? Should I attempt to remove all the old paint, or just get the
loose stuff off and clean up the rusty spots? This is about 30 feet
of railing, so wire brushing the whole thing would take ages. Also,
what type of paint should I use? Rustoleum spray? Or is there
something better. I don't want to repeat this project in a few

years,
looking for a permanent solution. The railing has been removed from
the porch to repair the concrete so I can work on it a bit before it
gets reinstalled if that makes any difference on how I should

proceed.

Thanks

This is the kind of job I would just as soon (sooner actually) hire
out. There should be at least one shop that makes things out of
iron/steel in your area. They will have a sandblast shed and a paint
shop. Take it there and have it done professionally.

Harry K