Larry Jaques

On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:09:27 -0600, the inscrutable John DeBoo
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

If you go with a grinder, get a nice, slow-speed Baldor 8-incher with
fine wheels. "ONLY" about $550 + fine wheels. g
http://www.mile-x.com/WoodMetal/Grinders/8100W.htm

Or for less money ($300+), go to www.leevalley.com and get their Mk-II
power sharpener.

Christ, for $29-$39 I can buy a nice 6" and do anything the above

There is nothing nice about a cheap grinder, John. And you'll be hard
pressed to buy a pair of fine _wheels_ for that price.

overpriced grinders can do, and at that price I can afford to ****can
the entire grinder and replace it several times when the wheels wear
out, and STILL not spend anywhere near $500.

Yeah, that's why I put the sub-$100 tool first. I played the Baldor
gasp card as a shocker.

I haven't touched an edge tool to a grinding wheel since I first tried
a 1" belt sander a few decades ago.

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

VOTE LIBERTARIAN OR YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.