Lovegod Tillman wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought a model 113.29991 ten-inch Sears Craftsman table

saw. It
is powered by a 3/4 HP sears motor rated at 1750 rpm (5/8 inch

shaft). I
plan to replace the pullies but I'd like to be sure of the proper

sizes. Can
anybody give me some guidance on this? Much thanks.

Lenny

I rebuilt SWMBO's father's Craftsman tablesaw a few years ago. I don't
know the number, but it was the cast iron top contractor saw built by
Emerson Electric.

It had a 3450 rpm motor and two 2-1/2" white metal pulleys on the motor
and arbor shafts. These had each worn their bores oval and you could
see them wobble.

I replaced them with machined steel pulleys and linkbelt. The arbor
bearings were also sloppy so I replaced them, too. Lined everything up
and the saw vibration was much reduced. (Just vibration from the motor
now.)

Double check your motor rpm. If it is 1750, then double the motor
pulley size to 5" so the blade turns fast enough. Double check the
belt clearance with everthing with the blade up and down to make sure
the larger motor pulley doesn't drive the belt into anything. If there
is clearance trouble you can't adjust for, that'll force you to a
smaller motor pulley.

If you don't have a manual, check the Sears website. Failing that, go
to the Ridgid tools website and download one of their tablesaw manuals.
Emerson Electric now makes the Ridgid saws. The alignment and belt
tensioning instructions are helpful.

Good luck,

Tim