PVR

OK, I've gotten much good advice from this group and I'm very grateful. I
will use the white pine for the bottle racks only. I have the cabinets made
already. The racks will not be stained but will be left 'raw.'

The white pine I saw at HD showed little or no sign of warping. Also, most
of it was in the form of 2"x1" and did not appear to be much in demand (ie:
the section was small compared to the other hardwoods). I think I'll proceed
with the white pine for this stage of my project.

Peter

"PVR" wrote in message
I use yellow pine for my construction projects (dividing up the basement)
and hardwoods (red oak, maple) for cabinets, tables. etc. At HD I found
white pine but it was in the hardwood section. It looked much better than
yellow pine. It is also much cheaper than red oak.

How does white pine compare to yellow pine regarding warping? I want to
use white pine in the construction of a wine cabinet. The white pine will
be used for the bottle supports.

Peter