George

"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've read the specs & know what I get from the local lumber yard. I
think most of the White Pine we get is cut from younger stuff or
perhaps it's just the sawyers & grading. Looking in the racks, the
Yellow Pine tends to look a lot better over all. Some of the White
Pine is just garbage. You couldn't get a stable 2' piece out half the
8' pieces in the racks. I don't mind over buying & picking some, but
it's gotten ridiculous with White Pine. It also seems to not be dried
as well. last year when I was repairing some facsias, I bought a
bunch, stacked it on the porch neatly & had a bunch of pretzels the
next weekend. I haven't had that problem with the Yellow Pine I've
bought.

Amazing. If only we hadn't wasted all that money gathering data from
thousands of tests already....