Alan Simpson

Default egg/sulphur smells from washing machine

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message ...
Could it be that something is stuck in the pump body, and when draining the
impellor is heating it up by friction?

If you can get at it, most consist of a two part plastic body clipped
together to form the space round the impellor and by unclipping you can
removed the old socks, bra wires, coins, and cabbages that get stuck there !

Andrew Mawson

hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply.

Interestingly, the first time I opened the pump drain, we did find a
sock and some other odds and ends there. But removing those did not
help with the smell.

So, next question. How do I get access to the plastic body around the
impellor?

I guess that
(1) remove back
(2) find plastic body around impellor (at the bottom, I imagine, near
where I access the pump drain).
(3) do as you wrote above.

Does that sound sensible?

thanks again,