Andy Hall

Default Are Home Depot & B&Q linked?

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:09:54 +0100, "Alex"
wrote:

Hello,

Whilst in the states, I've visited a few Home Depot stores, and their layout
& catalogue design seems remarkably similar to that of B&Qs.

One Home Depot outside San Diego was almost identical to B&Q Farnborough -
is this just coincidence, or are the companies linked? Even the style that
they write the prices in is identical to B&Q!

Alex

No they are not, but it's no coincidence.

B&Q undoubtedly "borrowed" the complete concept, layout, merchandising
(even the tool coraal) and the colours from HD.

Perhaps they are hoping to be acquired at some point......

In the US, HD, because of its dominant market position, is referred to
as "the Borg" (as in Star Trek, assumed by) . I suppose that B&Q
could be similarly described because of theirs.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl