William McNicol

Default Is scrap copper worth anything nowadays?

"Neil Jones" wrote in message ...
"Dev Null" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:29:06 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

No, but if he refuses to to use metric then he's in trouble.

[re selling copper by the stone]

Why? - some metals are sold by the troy ounce - none of your
Frenchified "having of the pound" ounces either. Real ounces!

Seems to work for the Bank of England ...

I assumed William was referring to the so-called 'metric martyrs' who,
contratry to newspaper reports, were not prosecuted for selling in
imperial weights, but for refusing to sell in metric.

Neil

Indeed I was. And I put a smiley... I'm quite happy to buy or sell
in ounces, pounds, stones, hundredweights and the like since I went to
school before the days of calculators and can do the sums in my
head.... Still, I hear Tony Bliar is going to let us have a referendum
about all this. Smiley --- :-) --- Smiley.

Back to the copper, I am now thinking of making a giant windchime out
of it: modelled on the half cocoanut shell and bits of bamboo, I'd
cut the top of the cylinder to use as the half cocoanut and dangle
bits of pipe from it.

Cheers,

william.