Mike

"Rod" wrote in message
. 4...
I can see no sensible way of routing a gravity condensate drain from our
proposed boiler location into an existing drain. (The location would be
in a 'boiler cupboard' where the existing floor standing boiler would be
replaced by a wall mounted unit.) Whichever route would cut across a
doorway.

There appear to be two options a) a soakaway and b) a condensate pump.

For us, even routing pumped condensate would be awkward. So I am taken
with the idea of a soakaway. I have looked up the basic details on the
ODPM site and we appear fine. But in newsgroup archives I noticed that
the Environment Agency apparently have rules that inhibit use of such
soakaways in some places. Does anyone have more information on this
issue?

There don't appear to be hard and fast rules but we got a flat 'no' and have
had to use a non-condensing boiler as a result.