Robert De NERO

Likely bad capacitors, or get sum 1 to solder the vertical IC.
"GPG" wrote in message
My Mitsubishi television has developed a strange, and intermittent,

feature
: namely, vertical black lines having the following characteristcs :-
a) they are only about 1/5 of the screen height in length
b) they tend to be equidistant, horizontally
c) they spread, until only small rectangular areas of the picture are
visible.
d) often, they vanish leaving a perfect picture.
e) a slap on the chassis usually cures it for a few minites.

In the past, but not recently, there was a tendency to develop a

'circular'
(ova?l) colour distortion, which was solved by switching on and off. Not
seen recently, though. I cannot see a similar phenomenon described ig

the
FAQ.

All help will be gratefully received.

--