Rick

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:14:29 GMT, "tom patton"
wrote:

Hi all
Just putting steel reinforcing mesh in my 150 by 600 foundations about 13
metre run.
My brother in law-a civil engineer said just set the bottom layer on some
bits of broken paving slab then use u shaped upstands to wire on the top
layer both must be bedde 50 mm from the exterior.
I mentioned my method to the brickie he was horrified for gods sake dont put
any lumps on the foundation base.
How is this supposed to be done--there must be a simple method.

You can buy some "plastic feet" to put under the bottom layer, they
are not as good as half bricks. I used both, both passed building regs
inspection.

Rick