Keith Marshall

Most or all of the few Craftsman welders that I've seen were made by
Century. I've only actually used one. It belonged to a friend and he asked
me to weld something for him and drug this thing out. I kept having
problems and looked up and realized that the current setting had changed so
I reset it where I needed it and it changed again.

It had a lever sticking out of a slot in the front that you move up or down
to set the current and there was a hand lever on it like a brake lever on a
bike that you squeeze to release it for adjustment. Every time I started
welding it would let the lever slip down. I finally got the job done by
having the friend hold the lever in position.

It can probably be fixed with an adjustment but I'd be sure before I bought
one like it. Aside from that it worked well enough.

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Art" wrote in message
Hi.
Im still searching for that elusive under $100, 180+ Amp AC 220v stick
welder, and came across an 1980's vintage Craftsman 35-230 A AC
machine for $85. Havent bought it yet. Was wondering if any one can
tell me who manufactured these for Craftsman, or offer an opinion on
the welder itself.

Thanks for any info.
Art

When replying via email, please remove all caps from my return
address.