Kevin Ricks

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I have a standard dishwasher in my kitchen. I am curious how much hot
water it uses to do a load of dishes. The dishwasher was bought less
than a year ago.

Have you checked Consumer Reports? They sometimes give info like that.
If you want to really know then unhook the drain tube and run a load into a
couple of 5 gal buckets. Repeat for each of the different cycle options.
Probably be interesting to do even if you did find the manufactures claims.
Are you more concerned with just water usage or 'hot' water consumption? If
I anticipate running out of hot water from showers and laundry etc., then I
will run the dishwasher last. My DW will heat the incoming water with the
heating elements if not hot enough.

Kevin