mike ring wrote:
I want to fix (bodge) a fence post aand I've got some ready mixed

mortar
rhat must be a year or two old.

It looks perfectly good, but I understand that cement has a short

shelf
life, even if kept warm amd dry; however mine looks perfect.

Just for interest, if it does deteriorate, could anyone explain the
mechanism - it would ease the pain of shelling out for a new bag!

Can anyone advise, please - I have tried googling, but the answers

cover
such a wide range I'm not much wiser, and John Scmitt's FAQs don't

seem to
answer this one.

mike

should be ok. Normally it sets into a rock when its had it.

NT