Fr@nk

Default Microwave under-light stopped working

I have a Sharp microwave (Model R1480) over-the-range model. Has the smooth
touchpad style membrane buttons on the control panel. Anyway, the button
that controls the Work Light (over the range top--it's mounted in the bottom
of the microwave) no longer works. At first I thought the light bulbs (two
of them) burnt out, but after replacing them, they still don't turn on. All
the wiring between the bulbs and the control panel appear intact. I guess
the button/switch in the control pad doesn't work. The strange thing is the
button for the exhaust fan, which is right next to the light buttons, does
still turn the fan on/off. Can a single control button go bad on these?

Anyone know if I can repair just this worklight switch/circuit (replace the
wires?), or will I probably have to replace the whole control panel (I've
seen it for ~$50 online--ouch)? At least if I do have to replace it, it
looks like it just pops in and out, and the connectors do the same. Any
advice on this is appreciated; thanks.