mike

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

For bathroom ceiling applications, we recommend regular or Type X
board. Simply apply a good quality sealer and two coats of latex based
paint after installation."

OK, that's the manufacturer's opinion on the suitability or necessity of
green
board on a ceiling...

I did a poor job of quoting. The first two paragraphs, suggesting using
12" oc support for green board on the ceiling (and the explanation) was
from the Gypsum Association guidelines. The third paragraph
(recommending regular or type x) was an addition from the website from
which I pulled the quote. That's why I was looking for more opinions.

That was bad form on my part, and I apologize.

Thanks for your answer.

*moc