Stormin Mormon

Sounds like carb problems of some sort. I'm thinking water in the gas.

If you're mechanically minded enough, pull the carb apart, and make sure
it's nto got a load of water. If you're not mechanical, you may have some
luck with three or four ounces of your favorite "auto dry gas" poured into
the gas tank.

I bought a used snow blower years ago. Used to run for a couple seconds.
Turns out to be some black junk in the fuel tank. After dissembling the carb
several times, I finally installed an inline fuel filter, and now it runs
much better.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jason" wrote in message
Just bought a new Craftsman snowblower back in October.

Used it a total of 5 times, now it won't start or run longer than 30
seconds to 1 minute.

Initially the first two times I used it, it ran fine...but always
sounded as if it was backfiring (only way to describe it).

New gas, and oil (checked)

It started to get progressively worse since then...it has a electric
start.

The third time I used it, it started, then died in the driveway
multiple times....I turned the choke down some and it started and ran
fine.

Same thing happend the fourth time I used it.

Yesterday, I went to start it and the thing will start but runs and
sputters for about 30 seconds then just dies. The engine doesn't
sound like its running full out either. No matter what I do it won't
stay running long. Any ideas?