Chris

Don't think I have 1" of space, so would flex conduit work even if it was
close to the heating ducts
Thanks
Chris
"TURTLE" wrote in message
.. .

"Chris" wrote in message
I am trying to run a new electrical line but have a tight space where
there is a heating duct. That brings the cable close and potentially
touching the house heating duct. I saw a reference to cables in such a
situation requiring insulation or 1" air space.

What kind of insulaiton would you use. Household fibreglass? or is there
some special requirements.

Thanks
Chris

This is Turtle.

I would try Wire hangers and a 1" air space. Anything less than 1" of air
space is less that what should be done. So you may try running the wire in
flex condiut till it passes the duct pipe and then pull the conduit away
from the duct with hangers as much as you can or get the 1" air space.

TURTLE