Joseph Meehan

chlim wrote:
Hi,

I stay in an area where TV reception is rather bad. Others staying on
the same street and location seem to be suffering from the same
problem too.

I have adjusted my TV antenna a couple of times and even bought a new
one. But all that do not work.

I have seen an advertisement on TV on a kind of device where you
plugged into the wall AC outlet. There is a the coaxial RF outlet
where the TV antenna cable plugs into on the device. The idea is to
use the whole house internal wiring as TV antenna and at the same
time filter and boost the reception signals.

Can anybody tell me does this type of device works?

Sure it works for it's intender use. The intended use is to make money
for the manufacturer.

You need to find out why you have bad reception. How far are you from
the source? What directeion(s) are the sources? Do you get shadows on the
screen? What kind of antennas have you tried (indoor or outdoor)?

The type of antenna you will need will depend on your problem(s).

I assume cable is not available.

Thanks,
lim

--