Nigel Heather wrote:
Firstly, most sorry if this has appeared twice. I sent it yesterday,

its in
my 'Sent Items' sent to the right place but I cannot see it in the

newsgroup
so I am resubmitting.

I have a ground floor radiator that I want to permanently remove and

make
good the wall as if it were never there.

I have a modern house so the raditor its attached to a dry cavity

wall and
uses 10mm microbore pipes.

I currently considering whether to do the work myself or just pay a

plumber
so I recently got a quote and it is this that has raised the

questions.

The plumber said two things that seem to contradict each other.

(i) As the radiator in question has a drain valve he said that he

could
remove the radiator and then seal the feed and return by just

draining that
radiator rather than the whole system.

(ii) The quote includes quite a hefty amount for rust inhibitor.

What I don't understand is

(a) How can you remove a radiator without draining the whole system.

Surely
as soon as the feed and return are disconnected water is going to

gush from
them especially as this is a ground floor radiator.

(b) If he only needs to drain the radiator itself why do I need all

the rust
inhibtor (given the system already has this).

Can anyone shed any light on this - is he telling porkies one way or
another.

Cheers,
=20
Nigel

CH rust inhibitor is =A33-4 from screwfix.com

NT