chester

John Harlow wrote:

Phisherman wrote:

What microwave brands are considered good quality with good repair
records? Apparently Maytag bought Amana, and I know Amana used to be
very good. I'm looking for high quality, with fan/vent through the
wall, non-convection, and very basic without a lot of confusing menus
and controls. Thanks

In my experience, avoid GE. They can't seem to get microwaves right.

well i just bougth a GE Spacemaker, and I like it alot. It has gt sensor
cooking, which actuially seems to work well, and it has a pretty
powerful fan (~300 CFM) BUT I only have had it 3 months. Hopefully it
will last a while.

I needed a fan and a microwave, and didnt want to sacfice the
counterspace, so the $250 was well worth it. As far as the size goes, it
just seems ridiculous that you couldnt find a replacemnet. Mine is an
over-the-stove standard 30" width. That is all there was where I bought it.

OTOH, if you didnt need a fan, you could just go with a shelf cabinet,
and buy a countertop microwave